Wednesday 3 February 2016

DIY Hair tie/ Scrunchie!!!

Hi!
My very first DIY!
It's a hair scrunchie, and it's the first one I've made, so it's not the best!
But I'm happy with it:)



 1. Start of by taking some kind of felt/fabric and cut
off a bit, you can also take a pair off old tights and cut off a bit (as I did on the picture), then you won't have to sew it together, at the ends.


2. Next, take a elastic piece of band and sew it together at the end, to make the shape you can see on the picture.

3. Take the elastic band you sewed together, and place it around the fabric, as seen on the picture.
(Remember to have the fabric inside out when putting the band on it)

4. To make this all easier, use pins to make the elastic band stay in it's place.
5. Now fold it, so that the band is inside and pin a little above the band, as seen on the picture ---->
6. I started sewing at the top, as you can see, and it doesn't really matter how you do it.
When you've done that, you can sew down what you just sewed to the fabric, so that it looks more professional. 
(Do you see the face I "accidently" made?) 






7. (Optional) Now, if you want too, you can do cross stitches on it, to make it a little more interesting.





8. And, your done!!
Please comment and let me know what I can do, to make my posts better!
Hope you have had a good day so far, and stay tuned for the next post!<3









No comments:

Post a Comment